The Biblioteca del Dipartimento formazione e apprendimento della Scuola universitaria professionale della Svizzera italiana (SUPSI) has its origins in the library of the Ticino pedagogic seminar, founded 1873 in Poleggio, which subsequently moved to the former monastery of San Francesco in Locarno. It has grown over the years thanks to legacies and donations in the 20th century as well as the merging with the teaching aids library and the institute for secondary teacher training.
The library is open to the public and can be used by all interested persons – most part of the collection is in the free-hand area and can be borrowed. The library is taking part in the NEBIS loan network (loans as well as returns), online ordering is possible from 20 August 2018.
More than 40’000 bibliographic records have now been integrated into the NEBIS network for the library, which has until now been part of the Sistema bibliotecario ticinese SBT.