Today’s hepia libraries are the result of the merger of several older libraries:
- The library of the Technical High School (ETS) established in 1950
- The architectural documentation center created in 1975
- The library of the IAUG (Institute of Architecture University of Geneva) through a donation following the closure of the Institute
- The Library of the Centre for Horticulture Lullier, founded around 1887
The hepia Libraries are open to students, employees, professors of the school and also to a larger public.